This application is for consideration for SAAC's new SAAC Artist Store.
About the SAAC Artist Store:
SAAC has moved to a new space on Main Street in Downtown Starkville! With a greater Main Street presence, we'd like to share this opportunity with artists in town who would like to sell their unique artwork in our space. Our space is limited to 6 artisans at a time, so reserve your spot today!
The SAAC Artist Store will be open during SAAC business hours (Monday-Friday, 9 am - 5 pm, excluding Holidays). SAAC handles all sales, taxes, and payments to artists. Specific rules and information can be found below.
Rules and Important Notes: PLEASE READ THOSE BEFORE APPLYING.
- All forms of work are eligible for acceptance, including but not limited to: Ceramics, Graphics, Jewelry, Literary Materials, Painting, Sculpture, and Traditional Crafts (including but not =limited to woodworking, candle-making, fiber arts, etc.)
- 1 shelf per artisan. Space is Limited to 6 artisans total. Shelf dimensions are H 21.5 in x W 57 in x D 26 in. Larger works may be accepted (Please notify SAAC). All works must be for sale. All works must be original by the artist contracted with SAAC.
- Artists will receive 60% commission of sales for works sold on their shelf. A 40% sales commission will be assessed against the retail price provided by the ARTIST. The ARTIST will be paid the gross, less commission and sales tax, on or about the 10th of the month following the month of sale.
- SAAC only provides space to the ARTIST. The ARTIST will need to supply any and all decorations, business cards, signage, etc. for their booth.
- Artists may change inventory at any time (by appointment with SAAC) to reflect new work, holidays, seasons, etc. Artist must provide SAAC with an updated Inventory Sheet upon any changes made to inventory.
- Space occupancy is first come first serve. Terms may be for 6 or 12 months, which may be reassessed at the end of the term.
- All accepted artists must follow our Community Engagment Policy (available on our website).
- A blank Letter of Agreement and Terms and Conditions can be found on our website (www.starkvillearts.net).
If you still have questions after reading the instructions, please send an email to Juliette at email@example.com. If you have technical issues with the application form itself, contact Submittable by clicking the "?" in the upper right or lower left of the form.
All applications will be reviewed for acceptance by SAAC Staff and our current Board President. IF ADMITTED, you will receive a Letter of Agreement and Terms and Conditions. No admitted vendor will be allowed to set up until the Letter of Agreement is signed by the participating Artist and returned to SAAC.
The second round of applications will be reviewed and accepted before September 3, 2023.